1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC To DVD RECORDER?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by niccam, Oct 5, 2004.

1. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I don't know if this has been ask before but here goes, does anybody know if you can make the Panasonic E20 DVD recorder accept a signal from A PC via the dv input on the front of its panel the manual says that PC signal not compatible but I'm hoping that some genius out there has cracked it. Thank you

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It's not possible.

3. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI I think I know a way around this but would need an a 2 port Firewire connection maybe somebody could verified this .The problem seems to be that when outputing, the PC looks for a DV device and as the E20 is not compatible it wont output hence the following idea
    If I connect my Firewire cable to my PC and then use this special connector I could then connect my DV camcorder and Panasonic e20 as well that way the computer is not looking for a DV device as the camcorder is connected then once its located I could then output to camcorder and E20 thus enable my long projects on to PANASONIC E20.
    As I'm writing this thought of another idea my PC has three firewire output/in ports if I connect one to Camcorder and one to E20 I wonder will that work ?going to try tonight if I have 2 firewire cables .
    PS.
    1 / was able to get the E20 to accept a s-video from pc to dv camcorder to dv input on E20 using firewire between camcorder and E20
    2 / A dv output from PC to camcorder then s-video to E20.

4. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yes you can do that but you might as well go straight to the recorder from the pc with the s-video cable as all you are doing is using the camera to convert from one to the other reducing the quality. You cant connect the pc to the recorder directly with a firewire as the recorder will not recognise it.

5. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ken for answering,the PS was what I have already done. I was only pointing out that maybe if I could send a DV output from pc and then spliting the output in 2 one of them to camcorder and the other to E20 it might work
    because as it stands the pc does not recognised the E20 and as it recognises the camcorder the PC will allow output.