Pc to Amp

steevs

Hi all

I was wondering if I could pick someones brain on a problem I have, I was looking to connect my pc to my amp but only have optical on my amp.

Does anyone know a way around this, is there a cable I can buy Spdif to Optical maybe?

Anyone know any retailers selling such things?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

aligebes

Novice Member
What sort of soundcard,motherboard do you have? as this will help people answer your question better.

Most good audio shops carry a range of optical cables, I have a 3.5 jack to optical cable for my portable DVD player to my amp.

You could try Richer sounds, if you have one near you, or whatever your nearest specialized audio/visual shop is.

W

wolf636

i had the same problem so i got a coax to optical convertor from maplins for about £15.you then just need a optical lead to go from the box to the amp.

james.miller

Novice Member
yes, you really havn't given us much to go by steevs.

Does anyone know a way around this, is there a cable I can buy Spdif to Optical maybe?
Optical-digital IS spdif, as is co-ax digital. Spdif is just the name of the digital interface.

We need more info lol.

steevs

Lol, sorry fellas, what I should have said is my Pc mobo is an Asus A7N8X which has a coaxial digital, my amp only has one digital coaxial which is taken, my only other options are the opticals.

Thanks for replying.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom