PC TO AMP Question ???

thedude2011

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just got my First Setup and have conected my P.C to my Amp Via the Jack to 2 Phono but sound is not that Good i am new to this and dont know much about Sound systems Amps ect .... is there any other way of conecting to the amp for better sound or anything i can do it make it sound better thanks....
Regards anthony

My amp is a yamaha DSP-AX761 and i have kefs KHT-2005.2 speakers

As said, make sure you aren't using the headphone socket - next to it (or close by) should be a LINE OUT which should sound betterm but it won't sound great.

I didn't like mine, so I bought a PCI slot card that had a digital output (in my case, both optical and coaxial) and the sound is VASLTY improved....

Probably just a below par soundcard - because of the connection method the soundcard is doing the D -> A conversion. Mine sounds pants that way - flat, not much detail. As the other advised - get a PC Soundcard with digital out.

I'd echo the sound card with a digital output too...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-003-HT&groupid=701&catid=11&subcat=

NOTE: I dont have one, nor have i ever connected a pc to my amp, but that is what somebody asked in the sound card section to a simalaor question

Far too expensive at ~£55 - if you are using digital out only. This from the same site at a fraction of the cost will perform identically to all intents and purposes:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-040-CL&groupid=701&catid=11&subcat=

Make sure you have the right inputs on your amp though - some SC will have optical out and some digital coax.

From what I can tell, that doesn't have a digital output, and nor does it make any mention of having one!

Personally I have one of these;

http://www.trust.com/products/default.aspx?cat=SOUND&grp=SOUNDCARDS&type=5.1-INTERNAL&item=12950

Cost me less than £15 (new, ebay) and it's been completely trouble free. Had no problems with it setting it up or whatever, never "not worked" and didn't even have to disable the onboard sound! (least I didn't do it manually - whether the "install" of the card did I don't know)

Search ebay for TRUST 514DX or TRUST SC5250 - they are both the same thing....

The only downside is you need two PCI slots available. Although you only need one PCI motherboard connection, you need two of the metal slots on the twoer free, as the digital "baby board" mounts in one, and the main card mounts in the other......

From what I can tell, that doesn't have a digital output, and nor does it make any mention of having one!

Right you are - sorry:

SPECIFICATIONS

Technical Specifications

24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at 96kHz sample rate
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources at 96kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
16-bit and 24-bit recording with sampling rates of 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96kHz
SPDIF1 output up to 24-bit resolution at selectable sampling rate of 44.1, 48 or 96kHz
64-Voice polyphony and multi-timbral capability
128 GM & GS compatible instruments and 10 drum kits
2MB or 4MB GM SoundFont Bank2 included
On-Board Connectors

Line level out (Front / Side / Rear / Centre / Subwoofer) or Headphone out
Line In / Microphone In / *Digital I/O1
Aux Audio in
* Supports SPDIF Out1 for Stereo Digital Speaker/ connection with Creative Digital I/O Module (sold separately)

Mine couldn't have been the SE version - sorry to mislead - it was not intentional.

I just found what I had - it was the Audigy value - and it was £70!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom