PC to 3 Displays help!

Nokmondoo

Hi all, i have a Antec fusion with a 8800gt card in. The card has 2 dvi outputs, 1 of which goes to a monitor, the other goes to a plasma via dvi-vga adaptor.

I'm getting a lcd delivered on friday for the bedroom and i need that connecting to the fusion as well.

I only ever need 1 display on at any one time.

I'm wondering if i can split the signal from the vga output on the card to the plasma and the lcd using one of these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280223816142&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

What do you think? It won't cose much to try i suppose. I can't really think of any other way to do it without having to switch cables round the back of the pc.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Seems like it should work. You might be able to get a switch box but commonly the reverse is wanted - one monitor switching between several PCs rather than vice versa.

badbob

Banned
Problem is resolution, you won't be able to run native as both different. You could just buy PCI graphics card although tried this myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom