1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc through car speakers

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by mikeyt, May 16, 2005.

1. mikeyt

mikeyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have a lap-top and want to connect it to my car radio/CD player speakers but the radio has only one RCA connection which is taken up with the CD stacker. What do I need to do to be able to play DVD's etc through the radio speakers?

I don't want to upgrade the radio/Cd player as I have only had it installed a year ago.

Many Thanks

2. quiet_andy

quiet_andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depending on your Head unit you can buy a separate device that can enable you to plug in extra devices if you only have the one input. I know this is available for Sony headunits but not sure about others.

3. mikeyt

mikeyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andy for replying

The head unit I have is a Pioneer, will have to look up the model and search for the device you mentioned, any idea what its called?

Mikeyt

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    There is a small radio transmitter made by Arkon which sends a stereo signal to the car radio, but it is a little prone to drift. It's sold over here by Expansys

5. mikeyt

mikeyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick thanks very much

Will have a look at the transmitter and see what it can do.

MikeyT

6. khalilk

khalilk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this sounds rather easy me finks .... anyways... get a two way rca jack splitter thingi cost about 50 pence each so that you can have two pairs of RcA leads going into it do u know wot i means ...

then when ever you wanna listen to your PC simply go to your pioneer head unit choose any old cd stacker track and pause it ... and use your PC then for what ever mp3 work . movies whater ever ...

i think that this is a nice and easy solition and cheap too !

you will need if you dont already have on is headphone jack into RCA

let me know what you finks about this ... have fun .... hope you find what your looking for !

bye

7. mikeyt

mikeyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Khalilk

That sounds like a good and cheap solution, will do a bit of research into the splitter thingi and let you know. Why do I need a "headphone jack into RCA " thingi?

Mike

8. quiet_andy

quiet_andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I had a similar problem I got a stereo switch box. It had a simple push button on the front and allowed me to switch between two aux inputs. The head unit will appear to be playing the cd from the changer but will be receiving its input from another device, in your case the computer. I cannot find the device I used but this is similar http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9328&TabID=1&source=14&doy=18m5

9. mikeyt

mikeyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy

Thanks

I'm getting closer to a solution on this subject, thanks to everyone for their help.

It's a great forum.

Thanks again

MikeyT

10. khalilk

khalilk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    howdy once again ...

sorry for the late reply .. the head phone into rca for the headfone out from the laptop into rca for connection to your amp or somfink like that...

anyways .. hope you found a solution .. there is also a headfone into tape adaptor thingi u can use that to put it straight into a car casset playa and away you go .... you can then use that for laptops , pda , walkman discman ... mp3 playas .... good luck ...