PC subwoofers and headphones

S

shins28

Hi,

This maybe off subject but the subwoofer I use on my PC is very similar to a regular amp and it does not have a headphone socket. I tend to use the PC for gaming and listen to cds and mp3s whilst playing but the TV is in the same room so I would like to rig up the PC with headphones.
The Subwoofer is a Cambridge Soundworks system with 2 satelites
and the 2 small speakers plug into the Sub using "crocodile connectors and bare wires, can I rig up a cable that had a headphone connector one end and 4 bare wire connectors at the other?
Is there an easy way around this? Please Help.

Tony

MarkE19

Your sound card should have 2 outputs. Line out with your speakers plugged into it and headphones out. Plug the headphones in there and don't turn on the speakers!:)

S

shins28

Hmmmm.... Just tried as you suggested but no joy, I only have onboard sound so no sound card. Switched off speakers plugged h/phones into all other sockets to no avail.
Thanks for the suggestion, any other ideas?

Tony........

S

shins28

Yeah, and they work but I want to run the h/phones through the sub to benefit from the extra oomph that the box generates.

Tony...........

buns

Banned
Originally posted by shins28
Yeah, and they work but I want to run the h/phones through the sub to benefit from the extra oomph that the box generates.

Tony...........

Oh, i understand now. I apologise.

Not knowing the exact specs of your kit doesnt help.....you could always get a little splitter connector thingy

ad

S

shins28

Cheers,
I'll speak to the hifi store bods and see if I can buy a "splitter connector thinggie". Sounds like just the item I want.

Many Thanks, Tony.....

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom