PC subwoofers and headphones

S

shins28

Hi,

This maybe off subject but the subwoofer I use on my PC is very similar to a regular amp and it does not have a headphone socket. I tend to use the PC for gaming and listen to cds and mp3s whilst playing but the TV is in the same room so I would like to rig up the PC with headphones.
The Subwoofer is a Cambridge Soundworks system with 2 satelites
and the 2 small speakers plug into the Sub using "crocodile connectors and bare wires, can I rig up a cable that had a headphone connector one end and 4 bare wire connectors at the other?
Is there an easy way around this? Please Help.

Tony

Your sound card should have 2 outputs. Line out with your speakers plugged into it and headphones out. Plug the headphones in there and don't turn on the speakers!:)

Hmmmm.... Just tried as you suggested but no joy, I only have onboard sound so no sound card. Switched off speakers plugged h/phones into all other sockets to no avail.
Thanks for the suggestion, any other ideas?

Tony........

but did you plug them in where the speakers were?

Yeah, and they work but I want to run the h/phones through the sub to benefit from the extra oomph that the box generates.

Tony...........

Originally posted by shins28
Yeah, and they work but I want to run the h/phones through the sub to benefit from the extra oomph that the box generates.

Tony...........

Oh, i understand now. I apologise.

Not knowing the exact specs of your kit doesnt help.....you could always get a little splitter connector thingy

ad

Cheers,
I'll speak to the hifi store bods and see if I can buy a "splitter connector thinggie". Sounds like just the item I want.

Many Thanks, Tony.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom