• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PC streaming client for flac - confusion!

johnv22

Standard Member
confused again! I have a library of FLAC files now created from my CD collection. I have installed twonky media server on the pc with the music on. I now want some client for my laptop to access the server and play the music. I had thought that the twonky media server would do this if installed on my laptop (pointing to the network drive with the music on), but apparently it only 'servers' the flacs, it doesn't play them.
So I guess I'm looking for an XP client for my laptop to present my collection and play it (just through, say, at the moment, its own speakers)
am I on the right track?
thanks, I hope I'm not asking the very obvious, I've done a lot of reading and downloading ...

johnv22

Standard Member
ok, another dumb question .. I've installed all that, but the fubar computer couldnt see the twonky server (even though the twonky server knew that there was a fubar client out there ...) so I gave the fubar client the directory where my flac files were, and it found all them .. so what is the relevance of the twonky server?
thanks for your patience!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom