pc still down after 4 weeks please advice all

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by loates123, Sep 20, 2007.

1. loates123

loates123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pc started crashing often
    so done a windows restall but it froze half way

then the next day the cpu fan spinned a little and stopped nowt booted up and just a green light appered on motherboard.

pc engineer came round said more likey psu

so have replaced hhd psu and motherboard.

now i get nowt just a green light no beeps no fan spins or anythink. with everythink connected

so tested with motherboard out of box incase of bad earth with just psu still the same

my system is a amd 939 socket and a 3200 amd processor .( amd athlon 64 3200+ venice ( socket 939) case is black quit midi tower

any idea what is wrong

could it be the processor as i cant afford to waste any more money and pc engineer thinks it ay be this but not 100% sure

2. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    double check that you connected the 4pin P4 connector (as pictured) to the board as well as the main 20/24pin connector; most AMD boards need both otherwise you will get the same symptoms you are having.

3. loates123

loates123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

thanks what do u mean by picyured can u show me as not sure if done this way or not as the pc engineer as been doing it for me....:rolleyes:

all advice in the next hour would be fab as i dont have a pc at home as mine is broken

4. ush flynn

ush flynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    [​IMG]

heres a generic pic of a mobo, i have highlighted the 20 pin connector from your psu (could be 24 on your mobo)

i have also highlighted the sneaky 4pin connector which also needs to be connected, have a look at your PSU for a plug that will fit it. If you cant find one take a look at your big 20/24 pin connector. Are all the pins in all the holes? sometimes the 4pin connector is joined to the bigger one and can just be unhooked from it.
    Hope i explained that well

5. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Yes that's the one, for some reason my picture didn't attach. It's very easy to miss out the 4 pin connector as most new PSU's now have the 20pin connector with the 4 pin clipped on to it.

6. loates123

loates123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that

the psu is a brand new 430 w antec

i think the power supply has two type of the 4 pins ones maybe i have the wrong one pluged in as everythink else seems rights but i will check tonight, if it not thiscausing it what else could it be?:lease:

7. gixer271

gixer271

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You will want to find the 4 pin lead off the power supply that has Yellow & Black wires.

If that is already plugged in then I would look at trying just the PSU & Motherboard (out of the case) with the CPU attached , but nothing else (no RAM) ... You should get continuous BEEPING.

If still no joy.... Look at your CPU ..

:thumbsup: