PC STAND

transam1995

Novice Member
I need help guys, I’ve searched high and low and I can’t find what I’m looking for. I have a razor blade laptop 15”. Looking for a stand for it mainly to promote some airflow.
I’m looking for something like This, or similar. The only problem is the WIDTH. Seems like all I can find is stands that will “fit” a 15” laptop yet the stands are only 9” wide. I want something that is wider than the laptop or just as wide. Seems the locations of the fans on my PC, a lot of stands I see May obtrude the intake for the air just cause where the braces are. My plan is buying say a stand that is actually 15” wide for maybe a 17” laptop and cut out two holes for my fans. Atleast that’s what I want to do. Any help or suggestions?

Grayanex

Novice Member
I'm not sure why you need it to be as wide or wider than the laptop so my suggestion may not be of help but try looking for a laptop cooler rather than a laptop riser

transam1995

Novice Member
I'm not sure why you need it to be as wide or wider than the laptop so my suggestion may not be of help but try looking for a laptop cooler rather than a laptop riser
Seems most I’ve found the bracing of them look to align right with my air intakes on the bottom. This is my first laptop really and it’s slim so I think that makes it worse, Playing an older game gpu temps get pretty high if it’s not propped up on something.

Fillius

I've got one of these:

It's wider than my 15" laptop and the fans are repositionable.

It's not silent unfortunately, the fans are still audible even on slower speeds, but I think that's true of pretty much all laptop coolers.

transam1995

Novice Member
That may work, I’ve read the cooler pads don’t really help the razer much. Seems to be a “thing” people undervolting the cpu to help keep temps down.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom