1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Speakers

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Rasczak, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Can anyone recommend a good PC 5:1 speaker package (priced around £200)? Main use is going to be PC Gaming (FPS) although I tend to use my PC to play a fair bit of stereo music so ideally I want speakers that can excel in both these categories. The quality of Movie playback isn't really an issue at all.

I'm not really interested in 4:1, 6:1, 7:1 or other speaker combinations in less someone can give a persausive argument as to their worth.

The speakers are going to be used with my new PC which I intend to equip with a Creative Audigy 2 soundcard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. szd

szd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
  4. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hawklord has it pretty much spot on. I have the Megaworks THX 550 kit (£200 from Komplett) and it rocks...literally. The only other speaker package I would consider is the Logitech Z-680, at £260 it is outside your budget but is getting great press at the moment.

5. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alternantly buy something which is used as a separate for DVD players and supports Dolby Digital/Dts etc.

You can buy cheaper speaker surrounds for around £100 but i would reccomend an acoustic solutions from Argos (ds 1033) about £180. The sub is large but phenomenal and attractive with remote and blue LCD. The speakers all have stands and sound quality is superb! Using optical out from your sound card to opt in on the back of the sub. http://www.acousticsolutions.net/product.asp?ID=56 to download a instruction booklet and see the product

hope that helps

6. plop211

plop211
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking into some new PC speakers as well and the z-680's seem to get excellent reviews, amazon.co.uk have em for £220 at the moment as well with free delivery.

Colin.