• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PC speakers connected to AV Receiver?

lead

Established Member
I have a Marantz SR5300 currently only powering a pair of Tannoy 611 speakers. I'd like to extend the speaker system now I have an Xbox 360. I can't afford to buy any new speakers, so wondered if I could use the ones from my PC (which I don't fully utilise) Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500.

I'm just not sure on the impedance/power side of things. Will I just blow them up?

Advice appreciated.

DannyB79

Standard Member
How are you planning to connect them? With new speaker wire? The DTT3500 speakers come with phono type plugs on the end whereas most AVR's are proper spring clip style afaik.

I have the same problem/questions as I am pretty sure on the avr I want (DG910) but I do not have the knowledge/experience to pick suitable speakers to go with it.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom