PC speaker volume controller

Eee-Tee

Standard Member
After using the speakers (Creative Desktop Theatre DTT2200) for the first time in a while, I realise that the controller doesn't now alter the volume nor change the balence. So i assume its faulty, and after unscreing it find some of the circuit board has come loose.
I think that all 5 speakers are working; i can hear the 'buzz' when they are on, but ATM sound is only coming out of the front 2 and centre one.

Do you think this is because of the controller? That the balence has got 'stuck on' front?

In order to replace it, what 're my options?

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
is the controller the separate decoder unit? if it is just order a new one, u might try and get it repaired but tbh they'll probably want to charge you almost as much as a new one......they might not, but usually they prefer to get a new one sold so it looks good on stat sheets....lol

if its built in to the speaker or the sub then most than likely you will end up getting a whole new kit.....again its worth asking Creative to repair it but it'll be at your cost unless its within a 1 year warranty period and you havnt abused the item physically.....

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
oh, or you could look on auction sites for someone selling this setup cheap and buy it, then u got spares for the future....heh

Eee-Tee

Standard Member
I was thinking along those lines....
But I'm not sure whether I can buy any creative controller, or whether i need an exact replacement. if so, that could be difficult.
BTW, the set is a few years old an so I am unable to get assistence directly from creative

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
tbh i think your gonna end up getting a new setup or at least a second hand one from somewhere.......hey, use this as a sign, to get a full blown AV quality surround setup...heh ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom