1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Speaker Recommendations

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by CosmosD, Jul 28, 2005.

1. CosmosD

CosmosD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Looking for a 5.1 set for a bit of gaming and DVD.
    Budget around £50-70

I've been looking at the Logitech X-530, has anyone used these?

2. dancingmatt

dancingmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Nope, but I've got the Creative T7700 7.1 set and it's excellent. I've only got onboard nVidia sound at the mo and so they're connected to front, rear and centre/sub. The cable goes into the sub and then the speakers are on RCA cables to there. The switch on the back of the sub is upmixing the 5.1 sound to 7.1, surprisingly it just sends the rear channels to the sides. The fronts and centre have separate tweeters compared to the four surrounds.

I paid £70 for them and they're great and even if you don't drive all 8 now, you'll get your 5.1 and 2 spares/dupes! The set you can buy now has been slightly upgraded with a different centre speaker, namely like the other fronts but in a horizontal shape.

I use them solely with my PC for DVDs and games, no problems with them. Read loads of reviews before getting them almost a year ago. Tight bass too.

You can buy these with confidence!

Hope that helps
    DM

3. CosmosD

CosmosD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks DM. Went for the logitech's in the end and I'm quite pleased so far. I didn't want to go to mad as I have home cinema set up in the lounge. Might get into a bit of gaming though.