1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC requirements for Progressive scan.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adrianh, Oct 20, 2000.

1. adrianh

adrianh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand the benefits of progressive scan, and am considering it.

However can anyone give me an idea of the minumun hardware requirements of a PC (utilising a dvd rom+software+graphics card) to connect to a compatable data grade projector.

Also an idea of the likely cost in terms of hardware.

adrianh.

[This message has been edited by adrianh (edited 20-10-2000).]

2. Scott Smart

Scott Smart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would guess that you will want to use the PC for other things as well, so I will assume that you know you will need a sensible size Hard Drive, DVD drive etc....

The important parts though are....

Most important part, the Graphics card - best is any GeForce based card the later ones have a very slightly sharper picture.

CPU about 750Mhz+ (which
    aren't expensive now).

128Mb Ram is fine.

Sound Card - If you will use digital output to processor/receiver for DD and DTS then soundblaster is fine. If you want to use analogue output then I suggest a 24/96 card which will have better sound. If you wanty to listen to MP3's and CD's then you need a card such as the 24/96 cards that output 44.1Khz signal (Blaster converts all output to 48Khz). 24/96 cards are not good for games! Blaster is best for that. I use Soundblaster live value. CD's through CD transport to processor.
    If you put in a Hauppage TV card you can also line double (deinterlace) then scale composite and s-vidoe sources. not as easy as a line doubler...
    PC's are best for DVD's if you will use lots of other sources they are not that user friendly.

Software;
    Power DVD or WinDVD
    dTV 1.9 (deinterlacer for comp. s-vid sources)
    Powerstrip (sets timings and resolutions to be perfect for your display/projector)

Hope this is some help

3. tommy

tommy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I find the dTV 1.9 software?

4. Scott Smart

Scott Smart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't looked at this forum since my last posting - good timing.
    dTV software is alraedy at 2.0 - it is being programmed by enthusiasts - so you can also help!
    Go to http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

Scott