PC - Put your GPU's to good use - Make some money

i think your 64p per day is wrong. (unless you are talking about net profits?)
Net profit. My 3090 draws 450 W when mining all in (cpu etc) so 24 hours at 28p is £3 a day, which is zero profit.
What is your rig pulling from the wall?

Net profit. My 3090 draws 450 W when mining all in (cpu etc) so 24 hours at 28p is £3 a day, which is zero profit.
What is your rig pulling from the wall?
similar to yours. in between 400 and 450.

I thought you meant gross when you said those amounts! (which seemed low!)
you are right tho thinking about it. if you are paying full bubble for your electricity it's pretty slim pickins now. you probably would be better just buying BTC if you want it. I am fortunate that I generate all my day time electricity at moment and only pay 5.5p off peak.

I will re-evaluate where I am at come winter

The US dollar has taken 100s of years to reach it's utility. Look at crypto from 10 years ago and compare to now in 2022 and you will see that crypto is gaining its utility. Crypto is not really meant to be used as a pump and dump selling thing, it is far more than that.
The dollar was based on gold. The Pound was based on a pound of sterling silver.

Bitcoin is based on speculation and magic.

The dollar was based on gold. The Pound was based on a pound of sterling silver.

Bitcoin is based on speculation and magic.

Bitcoin and Eth have been extremely rewarding and good to me, so much so that they are probably based on magic like you said.

They have made me substantials. Thanks to Bitcoin, so I'm really a keen supporter of Bitcoin.

I can't say that about the dollar or pound, although dollar or pound is still very good.

similar to yours. in between 400 and 450.

I thought you meant gross when you said those amounts! (which seemed low!)
you are right tho thinking about it. if you are paying full bubble for your electricity it's pretty slim pickins now. you probably would be better just buying BTC if you want it. I am fortunate that I generate all my day time electricity at moment and only pay 5.5p off peak.

I will re-evaluate where I am at come winter
You are lucky:D,that's an excellent rate in this crappy crisis. My energy rates went up, so I took a hit. However, I'm still scraping something ontop. I usually take profits every so often. But last year was awesome!

At worst case, if the mining brings me zero profit as @Delvey said happened to him. It would still pay my electricity and gas bill for free.

Last edited:
Bitcoin and Eth have been extremely rewarding and good to me, so much so that they are probably based on magic like you said.

They have made me substantials. Thanks to Bitcoin, so I'm really a keen supporter of Bitcoin.

I can't say that about the dollar or pound, although dollar or pound is still very good.

You are lucky:D,that's an excellent rate in this crappy crisis. My energy rates went up, so I took a hit. However, I'm still scraping something ontop. I usually take profits every so often. But last year was awesome!

At worst case, if the mining brings me zero profit as @Delvey said happened to him. It would still pay my electricity and gas bill for free.
How does it pay your gas and electricity when you are paying more for electricity than you are getting from mining?

How does it pay your gas and electricity when you are paying more for electricity than you are getting from mining?

I am currently making a profit from mining, although lower than I was making before the energy hikes 😤 The mining is paying for the increased electric and gas, with some profit ontop.

I am currently making a profit from mining, although lower than I was making before the energy hikes 😤 The mining is paying for the increased electric and gas, with some profit ontop.
Your 3080 is making a profit? Probably 20p a day if you are lucky. How do you know? How much is your rig pulling from the wall?

Last edited:
Your 3080 is making a profit? Doubt it. How do you know? How much is your rig pulling from the wall?

Yes it is, my mining setup currently makes me a moderate profit, it is a mining setup with risers etc.

I know my profit margins, because I had paid off all of my cards in my setup in around 6 months from only mining. They have been making me good profit ever since. I took out all money that I put into the setup and also profits.

Now, to see my profit margins, I simply just look at my monthly electric and gas bill (they have increased ). I look at the crypto mined and it is currently worth more than my bill so I am in profit.But I am holding as its what miners do.

Yes it is, my mining setup currently makes me a moderate profit, it is a mining setup with risers etc.

I know my profit margins, because I had paid off all of my cards in my setup in around 6 months from only mining. They have been making me good profit ever since. I took out all money that I put into the setup and also profits.

Now, to see my profit margins, I simply just look at my monthly electric and gas bill (they have increased ). I look at the crypto mined and it is currently worth more than my bill so I am in profit.But I am holding as its what miners do.
You maybe in profit overall, but you are not making much profit per day (if any).

I guess the only possible justification to carry on mining right now is the possibility of crypto going on a huge bull run in the future.

You mine some BTC etc now and manage to break even at best. But in ten years time, that coin you mined now has gone up by 1000%.

That's why I'll mine again in the winter.

I guess the only possible justification to carry on mining right now is the possibility of crypto going on a huge bull run in the future.

You mine some BTC etc now and manage to break even at best. But in ten years time, that coin you mined now has gone up by 1000%.

Alternatively it could be worth nothing, and the money spent gone.
Don't forget in October energy prices will rise again, and I think mining will be at a loss. You may as well just buy the coins.

It's something miners do, sell when bullish, plenty of profit. If I mine e.g something today, it's worth more when bullish. When equipment has been paid for from mining and already breaking even that's all profit in the pocket.

Alternatively it could be worth nothing, and the money spent gone.
Don't forget in October energy prices will rise again, and I think mining will be at a loss. You may as well just buy the coins.
@Delvey I do agree that, cryptos are highly speculative. I use factual information and it was sad to see that from the recent crypto crash it is possible for people to loose money, some said they lost life savings with staking Luna.

I'd suggest that anyone wanting to buy crypto needs to look at risks, rather than follow our posts. I was only stating my experiences and that has been very good and profitable.

Disclaimer: Please note that I'm not a financial advisor

I did'nt actually say thanks, as I like your opinions and it does make sense.

Some factual information is that the Eth hash rate has gone up to 1.23PH/s, that's close to it's all time high. A big pump up from last month in the Ethereum Hashrate Chart - ETH Hashrate So more people have been mining.
My opinion is that crypto might take a hit, when Eth 2 fully comes out, because it will be new, bring more uncertainty and risk.

Last edited:
Saw that Matt Damon has been blamed for CDC losses, do you blame him? What are your thoughts on that?

"Matt Damon's crypto ad blamed for losing peoples money - The Mercury News"

Saw that Matt Damon has been blamed for CDC losses, do you blame him? What are your thoughts on that?

"Matt Damon's crypto ad blamed for losing peoples money - The Mercury News"
wouldnt that be like blaming Carol Vorderman if you life insurance cover was not good enough? Seems silly to me if true.

Bitcoin and ethereum (Ethereum) mining have made headlines again. Cryptocurrency prices and the profitability of mining have increased significantly compared to previous years.
Everyone who didn't go into mining back then is bemoaning themselves for their lack of foresight. The best video cards and graphics processors, graphical mining is a good choice for mining cryptocurrencies.
In the last three months, the cost of all video cards has been going up, for some more than double. This applies even to cheap models, as they are still profitable.
Given the prices and profitability mentioned, there is a balance between payback time and potential daily profits.
How old is this article? As the last 3 months have been the opposite

bear in mind most of us are not mining bitcoin. I am no expert in bitcoin mining but afaik GPU bitcoin mining is essentially dead. I am more interested in what happens to ETH mining wise than BTC...... the BTC mining rigs I have seen are way way beyond my bank balance.

Last edited:
Fresh source, published in early May
I also found very interesting information that as of 2022, miners get 6.25 BTC for solving one task (writing one block in the blockchain). In 2024 this amount will decrease to 3.125 BTC. The maximum number of coins in the network is limited - it is assumed that the last bitcoin will be mined by 2140.

That's the limited cap on Bitcoin, so it has a fixed limit in supply. I assume prices would soar at some point due to its fixed supply as 90% of Bitcoins have already been mined. Hold those Bitcoins!

Last edited:
Fresh source, published in early May
I also found very interesting information that as of 2022, miners get 6.25 BTC for solving one task (writing one block in the blockchain). In 2024 this amount will decrease to 3.125 BTC. The maximum number of coins in the network is limited - it is assumed that the last bitcoin will be mined by 2140.
Well it is a load of tosh, ETH and BTC are down (BTC is down 46% for the last 6 months). And GPU prices have fallen. You could get £1500 from CEX for a 3080 FE cash 6 months ago, now you will just get back what you paid

From using actual factual information. The Ethereum Hash rate has increased this month again, so the fact is that mining is soaring even though crypto prices have dropped for now.

@Delvey The maximum number of bitcoins in the network is limited, this is factual information.

Screenshot_20220524-185145_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
From using actual factual information. The Ethereum Hash rate has increased this month again, so the fact is that mining is soaring even though crypto prices have dropped for now.

@Delvey The maximum number of bitcoins in the network is limited, this is factual information.

View attachment 1700919
I wasn't talking about number of Bitcoin, I was talking about the article being tosh.
As for Eth, the price has dropped 25% in a month. This is the only value that matters, as it dictates profit

Anyone use STEPN?

I signed up for it today (getting an activation code was a ballache).

Going to buy sneakers next week when my SOL becomes unstaked on NEXO (about £500 of SOL for first pair). Looks like beginners make about $15-$25 a day, and intermediate/experts are making $50-$400 a day!!!

Worth a try using coins I already have in NEXO. I do an awful lot of walking.

they have backtracked a little bit..... (not much) the £3000 tier card will now earn 4% interest on the staked CRO. (compared to at the moment of 10% and their initial pitch going forward of 0%)

the tiers above will now earn 8%

Is there anything that says current stakers can restate and continue earning their current rewards?

Is there anything that says current stakers can restate and continue earning their current rewards?
there was but that offer ended on 1st of june i think.... no way i was gonna do that. my cro pot had dropped by over £2000 and with their missmanagement / deliberate ploy to crash the coin (depending on how cynical you are) i do not feel they deserve me trusting them with anothjer 2k.

so i am now on the "new" perks. not terrible now but no where near what they were (4% on my 6600CRO stake and 2% cashback on my spends (down from 9% on my stake and 3% cash back)

there was but that offer ended on 1st of june i think.... no way i was gonna do that. my cro pot had dropped by over £2000 and with their missmanagement / deliberate ploy to crash the coin (depending on how cynical you are) i do not feel they deserve me trusting them with anothjer 2k.

so i am now on the "new" perks. not terrible now but no where near what they were (4% on my 6600CRO stake and 2% cashback on my spends (down from 9% on my stake and 3% cash back)

Crypto.com claiming they now have 50million cro card members.

Soon after, Cronos has plunged again to £0.13. Even if you earned £20 last month, it would have all just come off yet again. What's the point of a card that looses two thirds of what is staked and looses any rewards earned that month because of plunges ? I also thought people staking prevents these plunges? So what's the point of POS apart from energy savings.

They are gonna need to balance their card better, I would have though it would scare people away from getting these cards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom