1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC + Proj issue

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nikumba, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Nikumba

Nikumba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I know this is probally more a computer forum question but it does involve my PJ.

I have a ATI Radeon 9800 with the 5.2 Cats installed. The DVI goes to my Dell TFT and the VGA goes to my pj (I have HDMI dvd player)

The res works fine etc however when i start my pc in the morning with the DVI cable disconnected it does not use the secondary display (VGA) i have to plug my tft back in activated the secondary moniotr, change it to the primary and deactivet the secondary monitor.

Any ideas why it keeps doing that?

Nikumba

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sadly that's often what happens, I've never found a permanent solution but since my projector is the primary device I've never bothered trying too hard. There's a utility called Ultramon that has some excellent dual-monitor features, this may help, it has hot-keys to allow switching of primary and secondary, it may help this problem too.