PC Price/Upgrade

Member 328449

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how much my PC is worth if I decide to upgrade. Thinking of going for a whole new system rather than just adding a few new parts so would sell my old rig:

Q6600 G0
Thermalright ultra extreme 120
Abit IP35 Pro mobo
Asus GTX 470 with Zalman VF3000f cooler
Samsung barracuda 320 HDD
Samsung barracuda 500 HDD
4x1GB Crucial ballistix ram
Sony DVD RW
Akasa Eclipse case with side fan
Corsair HX 650w PSU
Scythe karma bay fan controller
5 x Noctua 120mm fan
Windows Vista

If your thinking of selling here then i would advise splitting the system as you will get more interest. You can pick up i7 bundles now on here for around £240 so the 775's are not as popular as they were a few months back. So splitting the system will sell quicker.

The only problem I have with splitting it is that I might end up with parts unsold. I've not decided what I am doing yet. I just want to get a ball park figure to see if I can afford it.

Say

Q6600 - £60/70
Mobo - £35
RAM - £35
GTX470 - £130
PSU - £60?
Cooler - £25-30

Rest not to sure really mate. When you create a thread make it clear tha all components need to have a buyer before committing to any sale

I sold my Q6600, Asus board, 4Gb Corsair RAM, Titan Fenrir, P180b Antec case and Asus DX soundcard for £200 to my mate, but I would have wanted £250+ and probably closer to £300 from anyone else.

why not convert your old pc to a HTPC or even a server pc?

Because I don't need one. And I need the extra money to add to the potential new system.

I sold my Q6600, Asus board, 4Gb Corsair RAM, Titan Fenrir, P180b Antec case and Asus DX soundcard for £200 to my mate, but I would have wanted £250+ and probably closer to £300 from anyone else.

Did you knock off £50 so that you had another friend to stab in BFBC2? :laugh:

Its got to the point were I wear a white toga and call myself Brutus :D

Because I don't need one. And I need the extra money to add to the potential new system.

So assuming you get all you want for your bits, what do you have your eyes set on then mate?

would deffo split, and nismo's prices arent a million miles away either.

Looking at things I may go down a different route. Sell my CPU, mobo and ram to get a i7 set up and add another GTX 470. I have a second Corsiar HX 650w PSU which I can use to power both graphics cards. This will be cheaper and more powerful than a new system and the only downside is the heat/power draw but who cares.

So I can get a Zotac Amp 2 GTX 470, i7 2600k, Asus P8P67 Deluxe R3, 2x4GB Corsair Vengance and a 64GB crucial SSD for around £750. Which added to my current system (sig) would leave me with a pretty hefty machine - especially with overclocked GTX 470's in SLI. If I was to go for a whole new system it would end up costing around double that and probably wouldn't be as powerful.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom