1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC output -> remote TV..via video sender.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by serotonin, Sep 14, 2004.

1. serotonin

serotonin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have the following setup.

Satellite TV receiver/DVD player incorporated into my PC.
    ATI Radeon 9200 SE Graphics Card with 128MB & TV Out.
    S-Video -> composite convertor
    Wireless Video Sender
    Remote TV downstairs.

I have hooked this all together and i manage to get the desktop displayed on the TV downstairs. However, if i play a .avi (or any video file) or streaming SAT. TV feed, it will not display on the remote TV.

I have tried various display settings without the desired outcome.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It looks like your using a dual display setup with overlay set as your renderer. How have you got your display set up? Clone mode, extended or theater?

The easiest option is to set your renderer to VMR 9 (using MEdia player classic, Zoomplayer etc) and it should work. Also you can set up theater mode in ATI control panel and specify your overlay display and it will output full screen to that display.

3. serotonin

serotonin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stlic: Your a star. The switch to vmr9 made all the difference. Just have a couple of audio bumps to iron out now and its then set up nicely.

The sound is very low coming through on the remote tv. Someone suggested that i should disable the software based digital signal processing and move to hardware based on my 'on-board' sound card (SiS 7012 Wave)?

Does this sound right and what all do i have to do exactly?