PC output on Toshiba 27wl56?

J

Jambo1

Hello
I have posted this on the LCD forum too but thought I'd put it on here, in case anyone has any suggestions.

I have just taken delivery of my 27wl56. I connected it to my pc after installing a Radeon 9550 graphics card only to discover it did not display at 1280*720 (the supposed native resolution of the display) and when it is set to 1280*768 the colours are fine but text appears blurred.

Anyone else any information or suggestions on this?

The 9550 has a dvi output. Will the picture quality be any better using a dvi-hdmi adaptor?

Jambo

Dan L

Check the manual for supported resolutions and display frequencies...I think you'll find that in fact the native resolution for your display is W-XGA which is 1366x768. If you can't get the ATI drivers to give you this res, have a play with PowerStrip and build a custom resolution.

Dan L

...oh, as for the input, if you are feeding the TV via analog RGB (VGA) then it may not support HD resolutions...again check the manual for support. DVI->HDMI will almost definitely give you a better picture.

J

Jambo1

Dan, all I can say is THANK YOU. Would you believe the manual has no information on resolutions or frequencies. The website and brochure state the resolution as 1280*720 so I tried setting this up via Power Strip. I even phoned up Toshibas Tech Support line who said, "It's a 768 panel and not a 720" then after checking said "no, it is a 720 panel" They obviously weren't sure what their own product was. They informed me "you can't expect a good picture on the panel as it is a tv set, not a monitor" which I found helpful.

Anyway, setting it to 1368*768 (which was a default resolution on the card anyway) has worked a treat.

Once again, thank you very much mate.

James.

Top Bottom