1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC output on Grand Wega or Loewe?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by phil_evans, May 25, 2002.

1. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a wide-screen TV (min 32", max 50") that can also serve as a semi-decent PC monitor (working/ surfing from my laptop). I'm looking for it to support XGA (1024 x 768) or, ideally, Wide XGA. My budget is upto about £4k.

I see Loewe TV's have a VGA upgrade module, but presume this is limited to 640x480 VGA (or WVGA at best). Does anyone have experience of using the Loewe VGA module as I can't get any specs off the web-site?

I also think that the stunning new Sony Grand Wega (at limit of my budget) - the 50SX200 - has WXGA (or some form of mega-pixel) LCD panels. Again, does anyone know if it supports an XGA PC output?

Any first-hand experience, would be much appreciated.

Great forum, by the way!

Phil

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    Hi Phil

If no one replies or you have the time try the search button at the top of the page, then use the word search. There is a lot to trawl through but there very well could be a post which mentions the VGA card.
    I have a Loewe, am highly delighted with it so are most other owners.
    Best of luck.

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks groundy/Garrett - guess I need to practice my searches a bit more.

So that clears up the CRT question - even with the Loewe VGA module, XGA resolutions are not really an option.

Anyone out there lucky enough to have a Sony Grand Wega? Have you investigated the PC-out options?

Otherwise - I guess I need to keep saving for a modern plasma or, perhaps I'll get a decent 36" Philips P+ and buy a decent TFT panel (monitor) as well.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony Grand Wega KF-50SX100 and it does not have any PC-out options. There is the new model KF-50SX200 but no mention of a PC connection in the Sony book.