1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC MP3 piped downstairs via SPDIFF

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by neilneil, Oct 2, 2002.

1. neilneil

neilneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Does anyone know if there is a piece of affordable kit that does the following:-
    A box that sits in my living room and squirts digital SPDIFF into my amp from my PC music collection upstairs.

Preferably with:-
    Just one cable connection (network or usb perhaps?) that allows remote controll of PC software playing MP3s and other audio formats.
    Even better if it can display the track name / file name downstairs for easy navigation.

I heard that microsofts XBOX would have a 3rd party application developed for it that would do just that even navigation via the TV screen. I havent seen any details tho :(

Does creatives Audioligy thing do all the above (except the display of course). Problem is it's quite expensive and half way towards a new DVD player that can do all formats and MP3.

Thanks for any ideas

-Neil

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    i think some of the new onkyo av equipment will do just that. i remember dell made some kind of device like that late last year but it never caught on.

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167