1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC link

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by sapphire125, Oct 21, 2004.

1. sapphire125

sapphire125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can someone help me here I have a Panasonic PS-GV33 digital camcorder and I am trying to link it to my laptop which is running XP.

Problem is I dont seem to be able to find USB drivers for the camcorder to PC link does anyone have these drivers or know where I can get them from.

I have asked Panasonic but they have never answered my email.

The instruction manual mentions software called DV studio but I didnt receive any software with the camcorder, aparently its an option.

Cheers

Sapphire

2. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It depends what you are trying to do. I couldn't find any details on the model number you've given :confused: But on my Panasonic DV camcorder the DV Studio/USB link is only for transferring photos from the camcorder. If you want to transfer video you should connect it by firewire.

3. sapphire125

sapphire125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry model is NVGS33 in my haste to type I got kind of muddled, if I go the firewire route will it automaticaly recognize it when I plug it into XP or do I need some drivers/software for this.

Sapphire

4. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok that makes more sense. Yes XP will automatically recognise firewire without any additional drivers. You will need some video capture software, although Windows Movie Maker is some fairly basic software included with XP that will allow you to do that.

I don't know where you got the info that the USB drivers and DV Studio software is optional as it is standard on the NV-GS33. However if you don't get anywhere with Panasonic pm me and I'll see if I can sort you out.