1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC iPod to Mac iPod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jinky32, Jan 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    Just wondering about Apple's claim that with their new Macintosh there's now no reason why Windows users shouldn't switch to Mac.

I've been thinking about doing so for a while, but I have an ipod configured to run on a windows PC. If i get a mac, surely it won't be compatible. Is this right?

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    No, you just reformat for the platform you're using it on.

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually you don't even need to reformat technically. A Mac will read a Windows formatted iPod (however, a Windows box won't read a Mac formatted iPod, without third-party drivers like MacDrive).

A Windows formatted iPod may, owever, work a little slowly and it's probably best to reformat when you can - most likely after you've got all your music off the iPod onto your new Mac (using one of the many third-party tools for this purpose).

Talking of upgrading from Windows to Mac, have you seen the new Mac Mini announced yesterday? Nice computer, and at £340 is a bit of a steal.

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I did. And it's ordered already :D