PC into system

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Dak, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    I have the system below and want to slip a PC into it. System is in a cupboard so would need to fit in here. Mainly for internet, e-mails and holiday pictures but with a view to upgrading to HCPC in future by either replacement or addition.

I presume sound can go into Ax5 thro 'digital in' and picture too (or do I need a new lead from the PC to the Sim2?

Any idea what PC is good / quiet / cupboard friendly and can run a wireless keyboard and mouse?
    Cheers
    Dak

2. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :lease:

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I saw you post but couldn't think of any useful advice, but since no-one else has come up with anything I'll try. :)

Your main problem is cooling of course, this is the big problem trying to put PCs inside an enclosed space. Given the heat generated by modern CPUs, except maybe for mobile Athlons, and CPUs then without decent airflow you're in trouble. The only alternative is water cooling, but that too needs somewhere to vent the warm air.

Why does it have to be in the cupboard? How big is the cupboard? Is there any way to vent the cupboard?

I have an 868 but not the VSX or Sim2 so don't know how you kit is cabled, in my mix I have the PC connected via DVI and the 868 via HDMI (on a switch with the PC) and component, switched via a Denon 3803 .. I don't know what the 'digital in' on the AX5 is, I only have experience of SPD/IFs.

If you can solve that problem then a wireless keyboard/mouse and remote won't be a problem.