1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc into Pioneer AX5i

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by nfrancis, Sep 27, 2004.

1. nfrancis

nfrancis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to feed a video signal into my AX5i from my PC. The graphics card (Nvidea 5200) has both monitor out and TV out( s video). Connected to my AX5i is a Samsung 32" LCD by normal Video cable and an Infocus 5700 projector which is also fed by a video lead. (Not s video)

Obviously what I'm after is to feed the amp from the PC in order to use the projector and screen as a gigantic monitor without actually connecting the PC and the projector directly. Is it possible and if so how?

TIA

2. potterd

potterd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not familiar with the AX5i but assume that your problem is that it will not allow you to feed an S-video input to the composite output you have connected to your projector. These two cable types can be easily converted with just a capacitor or you can buy an adapter (do a search for s-video to composite).

However, you will not get the resolution that you would get from the VGA (monitor) connector and so you would be best advised to run a vga cable up to your projector if that is practical.

In terms of the video outputs of your AX5i the component output will give you the best quality video signal to your projector. If any of your sources have component outputs I would recommend using those.

Dave

3. nfrancis

nfrancis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I have indeed sourced an S video to composite adapter and it works just fine.

4. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    How about... get an ATI vid-card (nothing top-notch, anything from ATI 8500 onwards will do).

Then get the ATI DVI to component convertor "http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter" (only works on ATI's DVI !!) - that way you'll be able to get proper component output to you amp and pass it on to the projector!