Pc Input to Pana TH50PZ800*HELP*

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by daxamere, Feb 4, 2009.

1. daxamere

daxamere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I want to connect my PC to my new Pana TH50PZ800. There is a PC Input on the back and the manual states that the following resolutions can be emplyoed using the PC Input:

640 × 480 @60 31.47 59.94 ​

640 × 480 @75 37.50 75.00
    852 × 480 @60 31.47 59.94
    800 × 600 @60 37.88 60.32
    800 × 600 @75 46.88 75.00
    800 × 600 @85 53.67 85.08

1,024 × 768 @60 48.36 60.00

1,024 × 768 @70 56.48 70.07

1,024 × 768 @75 60.02 75.03

1,024 × 768 @85 68.68 85.00

1,280 × 1,024 @60 63.98 60.02

1,366 × 768 @60 48.36 60.00

1- Is there a way to get a better resolution output when viewing my PC through my TV ?? Such as HD res or a higher "more near to HD/widescreen" rez ?
    2- Must I absolutely use the PC Input slot on the back of the TV to connect my PC? Could I not use a DVI to HDMI cable and plug into an HDMI slot??
    3- Depending on whether or not Question 2 is possible: Can I/should I connect my PC to my TV via my Home Theater Amplifier ???

My PC Video Card is an XFX Geforce 8800GT with Dual DVI out.

Many thanks in advance for your great assistance.

I really want to be able to output my PC to my PLasma and hope that I can do so without it looking like crappola !

2. rewerb

rewerb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    This is what most people do. HDMI will accept full 1080p signal, including 24fps refresh rate.

3. daxamere

daxamere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome ! Thansk for the reply.
    Now what about connecting it through my Home Theater Amplifier ??? Can I/Should I do that ? OR Should I be plugging it directly to my TV's HDMI connection???

Thanks again !

4. funkyspider

funkyspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I connect via DVI -> HDMI cable into my Onkyo 606 AV Receiver, then from the Onkyo to the TV just straight HDMI. No problems apart from my graphics card is old and frail and stutters a bit with 1080 resolution movie playback.

5. daxamere

daxamere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much to both of you for your replies.

Now what about getting my Audio out of my PC to get to by TV ??

Must I used a Mini Stereo cable since i only have a basic Sound Blaster XFI card with no fancy shmancy "outs"
    So I use a mini stereo cable from my pc to my amp ??? How will my amp know to use the audio coming in from that cable??
    Sorry for all the questions. I just want to get this right ! ;0)

6. funkyspider

funkyspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    What amp do you have?

My onkyo allows me to select HDMI for video and a different input for audio. For example I have sky HD with HDMI1 as video and audio coming in via Optical1.

My PC is setup as DVI-> HDMI into the amp and I bought a cheap Trust soundcard with 5.1 coax out and select HDMI2 for video input and COAX1 for audio.

You can also pick up video cards which can output video and audio straight out through a HDMI now, they are very popular for HTPC's.

It would be a very boring forum without the questions. :D

7. daxamere

daxamere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the extra info.

If it helps out at all: My am p is a
    Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH.

I don't know if I can use one of my HDMI 'in's and then a seperate audio moethod.

That's what Im trying to find out. I checked out the Manual and I cannot seem to locate that info.
    Let me know if you can help!

Thanks again for everything. I appreciate the help!
    let me know

8. rewerb

rewerb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    Your amp should have auxillary sound inputs (optical sound and analogue RCA stereo sound). Connect the PC to the twin RCA sockets.

The manual should explain how to change the audio source. But this is a USA model, not a UK model, so difficult to advise.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  9. daxamere

daxamere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I ordered a 25 foot DVI to HDMI cable so that I can connect my PC video card to my Pioneer Elite VSX01-TXH.

Now I understand what your last post stated about connecting the PC to twin RCA's on the back of the amp. The only problem is that there are a million connections back there and I have no clue which ones to use. Furthermore, my Current sounds card is a Sound Blaster XFi Extreme Audio. It only has 4 holes on it (Blue, Green, Purple, Orange) I am using alot of those for my PC speaker situation and don't want to forgo that setup as I don't plan on always using my Home Theater Speakers, only when Im outputting to my TV. Now Am I better off investing in a slightly better sound card in order to facilitate connecting to my AMP? Or am I ok with this one? If I am ok, I would love a "for Dummies" approach in helping me connect my sound card to my Amp with teh goal of playing a PC game on my Plasma through the AMP. As I stated earlier my Amp is the Pioneer ELite VSX01-TXH and my TV is the Pana TH50PZ800. Can you tell me which type cable to use from my sound card to my amp and also precisely which connection to plug that said can=ble into when looking at the back of my amp? I'm terribly sorry for asking so many specifics, you would think that I could figure this out on my own but I just get mesmerized by all the connections on the back of my amp and my Owners Manual requires me to have a PHD in Manualeeze ! Also I fear that my sound card my not have enough "out" to accomodate both permanent connections==> 1=> PC speakers for regular pc usage 2==> "OUt" to HT AMP for occasional gaming onto my TV.

I really really want to make this happen and pray that someone can lend a helping hand.
    YOu have been great so far and really appreciate the time you take in responding to me.

Thanks again ! ;0)

10. rewerb

rewerb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    Suggest you post the question on AV amp forum.
    Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread - AVS Forum

I think you plug your stereo RCA plugs from the sound card into the one of the CD inputs (below the component plugs). Use one of the bottom two HDMI for the PC DVI/HDMI connection. Select HDMI, and then assign the audio, as per page 33 of manual Listening to System - chose input signal - (signal select - set to analogue).

If that works, get an audio splitter so you can attach two sets of RCA plugs to the sound card so you can switch it between AMP and PC surround.