1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC input problems with Panasonic TH-42 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DoctorK, Aug 13, 2005.

1. DoctorK

DoctorK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

Dunno if anyone can help me, but just over a month ago I bought a Panny TH-42PV500B hi-def plasma and have been over the moon with it so far...so far!

But this morning I started to get a load of problems with the PC VGA input connector. I've got a Windows XP Media Center PC connected to it, and as soon as I swap to the PC input, the screen displays the colours as if they are 4 colour displays, and a load of artefacts appear on the screen.
    If I swapped back to ordinary TV the picture stayed the same. If I powered down, and back on again, normal TV was fine, but as soon as I swapped to PC again, same problem occurred.

If I connect other devices to the AV channels such as the Sky+ box, PS2 they are all fine, it's purely down to the PC input.
    I've disconnected everything but as soon as I swap the AV channel over to PC I get this happen again.
    I've tried everything, new drivers on the PC, different cables, etc and it still happens. I don't suppose ANYONE has any ideas do they?

I'm wondering if it's just going to be get someone out to sort it, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful! I've gone through all the various settings for everything, then it will suddenly work for a bit, and then go again, very frustrating!

Cheers in advance.

Pete

2. team_edition

team_edition
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how much I can help but I have the same TV (albeit 37" but the HD PV500 still) and I use a Roku PhotoBridge connected to the VGA input without any problems.

The only time I've had problems with it was when fiddling with PAL/NTSC settings on the Roku and the picture got terribly messed around. When I selected the Roku to output in 1024x768 it was superb quality but if I went for 1080i PAL and various other settings it affected the colours or totally cut the display.

3. DoctorK

DoctorK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
    It's a really weird problem, now, with the Media Center turned off, if I switch to the PC input, I just get a load of funny coloured blocks in various places on the screen, very very weird!...and annoying!