PC input on philips, opinions?

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by tommyboyo, Apr 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tommyboyo

tommyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I'm interested in the Philips 32PF7531, 32PFL7562D or 37PF5321 however none of them have a PC input according to the product spec. Is pc input (i.e. vga) vital to get the best image from my computer? My vid card has vga, dvi and svideo out, I also have an s-vid to component adapter.

Would using s-video out with the component adapter straight into the tv give an equivalent picture to having a tv with a vga input? or do you think I should buy a DVI to component adapter, would that be better?

Any help is appreciated guys!

2. Drizzt33007

Drizzt33007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right now bad, only 1024 but this summer there will be new models with 1920x1080 with pixel mapping 1:1 thru hdmi

3. tommyboyo

tommyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, but how about if i plug in using a dvi>component adapter, set the tv as a second monitor then change my pc to the native resolution of the tv, will that work?

4. POiNTER

POiNTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mean that the best choice of those 3 models is 32PFL7562D ... and this model have YPbPr conector sharing with RGB+HV (5xRCA conector)... so there is a possibility to conect PC via VGA to 5xRCA. But this kind of cable is hard to find in shops. One of this cable make also Philips... it names LCA5311.
    The second way is use DVI-HDMI cable.

5. owizard

owizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I am really interested in 32PFL7562D as it is now available for just £450. I find its multimedia usb features quite appealing.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2007/08/28/Philips-32PFL7562D-32in-LCD-TV/p1

I would like to know whether this tv is capable of 1366x768 1:1 pixel mapping over HDMI or RGB+HV (5xRCA conector). I can use powerstrip if required. What is the maximum pc resolution it can handle?

Any comments will be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.

6. owizard

owizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It looks like the 32PFL7762D is capable of handling even 1920x1080 via hdmi according to the specification. However, it lacks the USB multimedia port and costs £580.

I am still very keen on 32PFL7562D. Could anyone please confirm the maximum pc resolution possible on this TV? Does it stick to 1:1 pixel mapping at the maximum resolution or stretch the image to fit the screen?

Thanks a lot.