1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC image quality on plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Brogan, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Brogan

Oct 9, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Cary, North Carolina
    Not sure which forum is best so I'll stick it in here.

I have a 10 metre VGA cable running from my PC to the media box on my plasma.
    Previously when I tried it the picture quality was rubbish; so much so that I never bothered using it.
    I considered getting a shorter/better quality cable but never got around to it (where do you get those from anyway - round tuits?)
    That was with my old NVidia GE Force 2 64MB graphics card in the PC.

I've just upgraded to a Sapphire Atlantis 9600 128MB and it's like a revelation!
    The quality is superb and I can quite easily use the plasma for email, surfing, documents, spreadsheets, etc.
    Image quality is excellent with no bleeding, fuzziness, etc.
    For a very reasonable outlay of £50, this has to be one of the best upgrades I have ever made.

What is puzzling though is the plasma only supports 2 resolutions, 1280 x 768 being the maximum.
    I run my TFT at 1600 x 1200 and yet I can still see a portion of the screen on the plasma.
    Not sure how it works but it does.
    Of course, if I want to see the whole desktop I have to change the resolution to 1280 x 768.

Happy days.