PC HDMI to TV to AVR.

PROblemdetected

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I recently bought a new equipment for my HTPC:
  • PHILIPS 70pus8535
  • Denon x1600h

My actual setup is one hdmi from the GPU to the TV an another HDMI from the GPU to the AVR. I get atmos, and is working perfectly.
The only thing that disturbed me, its the fact that I've got two screens.

I choose this way, because I don't want to add more ms while I'm playing some games.

My question is... Its better to get one hdmi to the TV, and using arc, another hdmi from the TV to the AVR to get the audio?

Thanks all for respond

My question is... Its better to get one hdmi to the TV, and using arc, another hdmi from the TV to the AVR to get the audio?
To get audio from the TV to the amp you can only use one HDMI and using the ARC enabled ports on both TV and the Denon. If you feel the ARC is unstable, which is not unusual, then connect the TV to the Denon by using a digital optical cable.

To get audio from the TV to the amp you can only use one HDMI and using the ARC enabled ports on both TV and the Denon. If you feel the ARC is unstable, which is not unusual, then connect the TV to the Denon by using a digital optical cable.
I will loose Atmos with that setup.
I already could connect de pc to the AVR that way

If you are talking at HD audio, including Atmos that has to be delivered with Dolby TrueHD. For that to happen with the audio going through the TV and then back to the AV amp then that has to be eARC and not the old standard. The maximum that ARC can carry is SD Dolby Digital Plus and any associated Atmos metadata.

I know the Denon has eARC but the TV I'm not so sure of as all it mentions on the Philips site is 'Audio Return Channel' and not 'Enhanced Audio Return Channel'. If it is standard ARC then you will not be able to pass HD audio.

If you are talking at HD audio, including Atmos that has to be delivered with Dolby TrueHD. For that to happen with the audio going through the TV and then back to the AV amp then that has to be eARC and not the old standard. The maximum that ARC can carry is SD Dolby Digital Plus and any associated Atmos metadata.

I know the Denon has eARC but the TV I'm not so sure of as all it mentions on the Philips site is 'Audio Return Channel' and not 'Enhanced Audio Return Channel'. If it is standard ARC then you will not be able to pass HD audio.
It seems that Philips TV dont have eARC, so the only possiblity to get atmos is connecting the AVR via HDMI.

So... Another question, I can't find any about it. Using AVR to send image to the TV, is going to add ms to the image? It loose quality image?
I prefer to send video directly to the TV but I want to know if the quality will be affected by passing via AVR

It seems that Philips TV dont have eARC, so the only possiblity to get atmos is connecting the AVR via HDMI.

So... Another question, I can't find any about it. Using AVR to send image to the TV, is going to add ms to the image? It loose quality image?
I prefer to send video directly to the TV but I want to know if the quality will be affected by passing via AVR
Not in my experience with any AV amp I've owned all of which have been Denon. It is easier to sync audio to the video with it going through the AV amp.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom