PC Gaming Sub-Forum Get Together

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nearing Christmas with yet another year having flown by. Through the year we've had many hardware releases, overhyped games and underhyped games as well as (and who could forget?) the deals and sales.

I reckon it's time we load up those games we got for a mere few pence, up the settings and get some games in.

Multiplayer PC Games I have: Dirt 2, Unreal Tourny 3, Age of Empires 3 and Alien Swarm.
All of which are very enjoyable online while hopefully covering the genres people enjoy most.

Please feel free to suggest other games as well as dates and times.

Intel, AMD or NVIDIA, no matter your spec, no matter your skill, you're all welcome! :smashin:

I'm up for some Alien Swarm with you bud, as long as you don't mind me being pants! Never played it in Co-op.

Have you got a copy of BC2?

Could well be up for some Age of Empires 3 once I get a quick chance to have a play.

Is Alien Swarm the game which is free download on steam?

Sounds like a good idea! Make use of the AV Forum Teamspeak 3 server.

I have Alien Swarm, Black ops, Bad company 2, Medal of honor, both left 4 dead's as well.

I would be well up for a bit of Age of Empires 3!! I need to get my practise in... :laugh: And I only picked up Crysis this year, its the first year I've actually had a relatively decent platform for gaming!! So I'm not sure if anyone would like to play a bit of Crysis, although I know its getting on a bit now!! :smashin:

I'm up for some Alien Swarm with you bud, as long as you don't mind me being pants! Never played it in Co-op.

Have you got a copy of BC2?

I've not got BC2 on the PC no. I've only briefly played Alien Swarm with a friend to see what it's about. Looks like it could be enjoyable.

Could well be up for some Age of Empires 3 once I get a quick chance to have a play.

Age 3 isn't exactly quick online. I've been playing some games with a friend recently and the games often take 2h :laugh:
It is a great time sink and very enjoyable.

Is Alien Swarm the game which is free download on steam?

Sounds like a good idea! Make use of the AV Forum Teamspeak 3 server.

Yes, it's free on Steam.

I would be well up for a bit of Age of Empires 3!! I need to get my practise in... :laugh: And I only picked up Crysis this year, its the first year I've actually had a relatively decent platform for gaming!! So I'm not sure if anyone would like to play a bit of Crysis, although I know its getting on a bit now!! :smashin:

As above Age 3 is very good fun. The campaign and tutorial are good for learning to get to grips with the controls and units :smashin:

I've not got BC2 on the PC no. I've only briefly played Alien Swarm with a friend to see what it's about. Looks like it could be enjoyable.

You'd love it. It's only 13 quid on Amazon now. :) Brilliant to play on your new hardware. ;)

You'd love it. It's only 13 quid on Amazon now. :) Brilliant to play on your new hardware. ;)
It is a good game - have it on the 360.
You're not the first friend to say I should get it on the PC either. :)

Bumping back to the top for those that didn't see this before.

I can also add L4D2 to my list of games as picked it up in the Steam sale the other day

just found out it is not on steam.

Also I have it already, but I seem to remember it was a bit glitchy on Windows 7 64bit?

anyone else confirm this?
It runs perfectly fine on Win 7 x64 for me (a friend who also runs it on Win 7 x64 has never had any problems either).

I only have Dirt 2, F1 2010, L4D2, COD:BO, TF2 and CSS. :blush: Bit of a pathetic collection :(

I only have Dirt 2, F1 2010, L4D2, COD:BO, TF2 and CSS. :blush: Bit of a pathetic collection :(

Wait until you hit the Steam sales :devil: I fear I may be the same :eek:

I will give it a try soon then.

might not have too much time over this weekend as I have my Birthday Celebrations to attend to...get ****** :zonked::zonked:

Is it cheap anywhere? I saw it was meant to be £28, shame it's not still 10p

Wait until you hit the Steam sales :devil: I fear I may be the same :eek:

Is it cheap anywhere? I saw it was meant to be £28, shame it's not still 10p

well I already have it, but on game.co.uk it is 30 something quid...but that includes all the expansion packs?

what expansion packs are there?

I reinstalled UT3 last night after reading it's a great game to practise using a kb/m so i would be up for some of UT3 as the game is pretty cool aswell. Other than that have both L4D's but much prefer Killing Floor, Operation Flashpoint and most the others mentioned apart from COD and BFBC2 which i have for the 360 instead.

UT3 gets my vote

how much is UT3 nowadays?? i would check myself but my work is steadily rolling in more restrictions on the net. Soon it will be Mugabe Media Lockdown :(

how much is UT3 nowadays?? i would check myself but my work is steadily rolling in more restrictions on the net. Soon it will be Mugabe Media Lockdown :(

Done a quick search on find game and the cheapest was 7.89 inc delivery at Base.com

or Steam have the Unreal Tournament 3 black which has a Titan pack for £13.99

Last edited:
Yeah i have the Black Edition from Steam and it's well worth it, great game. Still looks dam good at times aswell

You can use the xbox pad with ut3...:)

hey guys, just built my computer the other day and going to get more an more into gaming on it from now on, downloaded LFD2 the other day and plan on getting AOE3 & UT3.

hope to be able to play with some of you! :)

hey guys, just built my computer the other day and going to get more an more into gaming on it from now on, downloaded LFD2 the other day and plan on getting AOE3 & UT3.

hope to be able to play with some of you! :)
Look forward to getting some games in with you :)

A while back I got UT3 and the Unreal Anthology from GAME for 2 for £15 and then just activated it on Steam. The difference between the retail one and Black Ed. is only some free maps. It's well worth activating on Steam IMO (if you get the retail version)

Look forward to getting some games in with you :)

A while back I got UT3 and the Unreal Anthology from GAME for 2 for £15 and then just activated it on Steam. The difference between the retail one and Black Ed. is only some free maps. It's well worth activating on Steam IMO (if you get the retail version)
Did'ent know you could activate this on steam,it may be worth me looking on amazon second hand...:smashin:...
Edit,£4.99 on amazon delivered..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom