PC Gaming - Streaming only

Spinke

I'm hoping for some feedback here, I'm having one of my crazy ideas and want to know if it's realistic.

I want to sell all my consoles (bar the Wii U - love playing that with my son), drop the ITX gaming PC from the lounge (my son tends to turn it on and then shut the TV cabinet), and have a 'Steam server' in the loft with a steam link in the lounge & bedroom. Do those with steam streaming experience feel this will work with minimal fuss?

The idea behind it is I have minimal gaming time, and rarely sit in the lounge to game anyway (other half tends to watch the TV), plus whatever my steam PC is can also be used as a lab (W10 & Hyper-V).

Has anyone gone this route?

jassco

Distinguished Member
I'd still want access to the pc for updates etc beyond what steam lets you do. So some form of additional remote access at least, or even better a hdmi to monitor (with k+m) in an office or similar. Also consider non steam games such as those on origin or uplay that you can't stream this way.

Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem (is it possible to have two streams even at separate times?)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom