PC Gaming on LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by fathead82, Jan 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fathead82

fathead82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. Firstly appologies if this has been asked before, I had a brief look through the posts and didn;t see much related.

I'm in the process of hunting an LCD screen that I can use for both TV & High quality PC gaming. I managed to locate a few, but at the moment I am seriously considering the Viewsonic N3000W.

This screen has a 1280x720 screen resolution I believe, DVI input & 16ms response time.

What I'm confused by is the additional "Pc input". Am I wrong in thinking I can plug my PC in via the DVI?

I'm trying to get the best gaming experience I can on an LCD TV, but am struggling to cope with the amount of unimportant fact and information that get thrown at you.

Simply put, is it possible to hook up to DVI? What is gaming on an LCD Tv like??

Cheers

2. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

I have one of theses screen although i havent had a chance to try my PC out on in (recently been moving house), by additional PC input i think it's talking about the VGA input socket it also carries (it also has a VGA out). Im pretty sure it should work through DVI with a PC as DVI is a set standard and if both devices support it (PC and screen) theres no reason why it wont work inside the physical limitations of each device (IE the screen resolution), it even comes with drivers for PCs on a CD. I certanly will be hooking my PC up to it in the near future.

3. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  4. fathead82

fathead82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    djsat2 can u keep me updated when you finally do hook it up to your pc?

I really don't want to use a VGA input as both ofmy cards (In SLI) have dual DVI outputs.

Mick I was a bit put off by the N3200W as its has an 18ms reponse time. Although the larger screen would be nicer I agree. I've recently found another screen which I'm looking into as well.

I currently have a 12ms TFT screen for my pc, but ideally I want to go with an all in one solution.

Why else is a DVI included if not for PC connection?

5. fathead82

fathead82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7