1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc Gaming on AE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by keelby1, May 20, 2004.

1. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Not sure if this should be in the HCPC section but I'm sure its something simple.

When playing games I'm only getting a screen ratio of 4.3 with bars on either side on my projector, where as all other programmes display in 16.9. When I use the svideo output through to my tv its in 16.9 my tv.

Anyone any ideas please

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You need to connect your PC to the projector using a VGA lead rather than s-video (can't quite make out if this is what you have done or not!). You may be able to send a signal out from the PC that will exactly match the AE100's native resolution (858 x 484) by changing the resolution your grpahics card is set to using a piece of software called powerstrip

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm

Have a read/search around the HCPC forum and you should find plenty more info.

HTH

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    A lot of games will set their resolutions independant of the desktop settings. They are also likely to set a 4x3 resolution as such in PC direct mode the ae100 will map the 4x3 resolution into a 4x3 area of the panel.

The only way you'll likely get 16x9 is if the game runs in a 16x9 resolution and its one that the ae100 can accept.

getting a 1:1 mapping of the desktop resolution to the panny ( 856x480 on mione I think) is unlikely to improve things as its really dependant on the game.

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I stand corrected :suicide:

If you haven't tried it yet I would still give powerstrip a go and see what you think of the DVD playback :cool:

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a list on avs of "widescreen" supporting games but you'll need to do a search as I saw it ages ago. Most games require a registry tweak/hack though.

The widescreen resolution will usually appear under the games graphics settings but only if the PC already has the new resolution stored.

Best of luck.

:smoke:

6. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm using a vga connection to the panny-I use the svideo connecton for my tv which works fine

I thought it may be in the games resolution, but it seems strange that all the other programmes apart from the games work in 16.9

7. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I generally use 800x600 with my AE100 and I'm very pleased with the results and can get a full screen image. What should I be setting it to for superior results?