PC gaming is cheaper then Console gaming(according to IGN)

PocketBunny

:laugh:

Its technically true, but very misleading.

You failed then to see the other gem from that:

Many people buy expensive cases because they look pretty: these people are stupid. You can get a case that's perfectly adequate for £17.99.
I am not sure what kind of epic stupidity I fall under then, spending the equivalent of an xbox 360 on mine (£130 for a 650D, £40 on fans, and £60ish on internal cables)

Berties

Banned
For hardware? Of course PC gaming isn't.

But once you have 50 games? PC gaming is easily cheaper. Plus you can play games that on years back you can still play. I can still play classic Lucasarts games. Can't do that on a console.

TheNameIsJambo

OcUK Vantage Gaming Tower Case - Black []

That's the case I use. Midi-Tower. It's small, to a degree. The motherboard is snug as a bug in a rug and my graphics card eats into the vast majority of the HDD trays, so there's not much room there. But, thus far, it's an ideal sized case. That is until I need to grab an X-Fire card, then I'll upgrade to this:
Cooler Master HAF X Gaming Tower Case - Black (RC-942) [RC-942-KKN1]

All I can say is, meh!

Depending on your needs, you can get whatever case you want!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
lmao 750 watt psu for £25, like to see what happens when that system goes pop

I have that coolermaster case, I wouldnt recommend it. The drives power connectors face the right side of the case and if you have a PSU with protected wires all the way to the end it will make you very paranoid how they bend the connectors in SATA drives when you try to put the side on the case.

I cant supply power to more than 3 sata drives due to the bending and such and they cannot be one under the other.

Last edited:

AML

Stupid article....

Well, at least games are a little cheaper on PC's. Especially when buying on steam during a sale.

The only good thing about this article is it may sway console gamers to get into PC gaming.

But as one famous Admiral once said: "Its a Trap!!" :D

oooo just watched the Blu-ray of that the weekend. Fantastic stuff, and I was a little kid sitting in a cinema (that has now been demolished :() stuffing my face with popcorn again.

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
25 notes for a 750w PSU? Why did know one tell me it would have saved me paying over a tonne for the Corsair.

Buy cheap buy several times in this case.

TheNameIsJambo

25 notes for a 750w PSU? Why did know one tell me it would have saved me paying over a tonne for the Corsair.

Buy cheap buy several times in this case.
I have the Corsair 750W V2. Good ol' Seasonic!

I had a 500W before that, unbranded. Simply because I needed a replacement, worked fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom