Pc Gaming - 22" or 24" Monitor?

M_Infinity

Standard Member
Needing some kind person in the know to help me out please, because I can't decide what I want.

I built a pretty powerfull gaming pc a couple of years ago and used to game on a 24" Benq, the jump was from a 17" monitor so I noticed a massive difference/improvement at the time. I sold that about 7 months ago and I'm now ready to build a new pc from scratch and was wondering if I should go back to a 24" or am I better off going to a 22"?

If 22" am I going to be dissapointed with 1680x1050 over the 1900x1200? Or should I go 22" 1080p?

If it's any help I'll be using either an 5850 or 5870 graphics card and the pc is going to be purely for gaming/web browsing (no photo editing or anything).

Thanks - M_Infinity

fhpt

I'd go for a 24" 1900x1200. The extra resolution is well worth having, allowing you to fit more on the screen at once, and those graphics cards should be able to handle it with ease.

Arther

Standard Member
I'm wondering the same thing for myself but I think I'll end up going for 24" provided I can afford it (I have a 19" now). :)

Repton

I went from a 20" 1680 x 1050 to a 24" (16:9) 1920 x 1080 and the jump in size and resolution was worth every penny. I bought a Dell G2410 and am very happy with it

M_Infinity

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies people. I was a bit worried about going back to a 24" because my old graphics card (Sapphire 4870x2) seemed to struggle with some games at this resolution with all the "eye candy" on. I think this was more due to it being a dual gfx card and the microstuttering issues. I'll most likely go back to 24" then :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom