PC for Gaming

Shin-Ra

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

A Friend of mine is looking to get a gaming system, he's not after anything too expensive just something that will handle todays online games and be future proof to some extent allowing him to upgrade some parts as time goes by. He has no preference when it comes to AMD or Intel // nVidia or ATI so I guess I'm giving you guys a blank canvas to find the best PC possible for his budget.

When it comes to budget he is looking to spend around the £400-£450 area although is willing to extend that to around £500 if the difference between the builds is going to make it worth it.

He already has a copy of Windows 7 so doesn't need that factoring in to the price, unfortunately he doesn't have a case or any parts to salvage from a previous system because he will be upgrading from a laptop.

Hope you guys can help us, :lease:
/Shin-Ra

A decent-ish gaming PC with a monitor is going to cost a fair bit more than £500. Add another £100 ideally £200 and should be all right.

Well the lack of requirement for an operating system may push it back down into his budget.

You should be able to get a dual core processor, 1440x900 monitor, radeon 5670 and 4GB of memory for around £400, extending the budget to £500 should allow a higher resolution, larger monitor and the correspondingly more powerful graphics card (and power supply) to run games on it.

I would suggest he saves a little more. Add maybe another £200 as has been suggested and he won't regret it.

He has a HD TV which he wants to use as the monitor so thats one more thing that he isn't going to need. He isn't able to stretch his budget any further then already stated :(.

Gaming computers are equipped with numerous ports including USB, FireWire, headphone and microphone ports on the front of the tower. This makes it easy to plug in all your peripherals including joysticks, steering wheels, headsets, and other gaming devices.
Although there are several brands that make gaming computers, like​
Dell's Alienware and HP's Voodoo

Gaming computers are equipped with numerous ports including USB, FireWire, headphone and microphone ports on the front of the tower. This makes it easy to plug in all your peripherals including joysticks, steering wheels, headsets, and other gaming devices.
Although there are several brands that make gaming computers, like​
Dell's Alienware and HP's Voodoo

I don't think that was what he was asking.

With that kind of budget id reccomend looking for some i3 built pc's

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom