• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PC Firewall/Anti-Virus Protection?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
After endless failed attempts with my old PC I have finally rebuilt my machine and installed Windows MCE and Windows Media Connect to enable streaming from PC to Xbox 360. It's all connected and working :clap: :clap: :clap:

However at present I have no anti-virus software installed and only Windows Firewall. For the anti-virus protection I was considering McAffee - does anyone know if this causes the same sort of connectivity hastles as Norton does? Is anyone using it with a 360?

Likewise for the firewall I was planning on McAffee - again does anyone have this running with MCE and the 360? Any real issues configuring? Failing that what firewall do you guys recommend.

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
I have McAfee Anti-Virus/Firewall and I haven't had any problems.

Im using ICS btw.

Firewall wise use Zonealarm, it's free and it works!

Can't comment on AV, I use Norton SAV corporate edition 10 MR4 (fully licensed BTW), not sure if you can buy that version "of the shelf"

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I've had problems of late with media connect, it was all working fine, then one day another blue screen of death popped up. Which caused media connect to stop streaming music to my 360.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom