PC faults with a RSG5DURS Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer

Boomstickboomer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Help with PCB identification needed !

Our 6 year old Samsung Side by Side American Style Fridge Freezer has an intermittent problem with the ice and water dispenser. Every now and again (roughly once a day) it will dispense the wrong thing. We ask it for water and it vends crushed ice for example. The fridge then seems to realise that it has done the wrong thing and starts beeping and the display shows PC ER. Having spoken to Samsung to try and get the part code for the replacement PCB they are very unhelpful and will only put me in contact with a Appliance repair company in the UK. I call them and they don't offer advise or help and are only interested in getting you to agree to an engineers visit at a cost of £93 plus parts. Well, being an electrical engineer, I figure that I can replace a PCB without any problems, I just need to know which one is faulty.

I assume that its the control PCB, but there is also a display PCB which has the water and ice buttons on it. Does any any one here know which of these it is as they are about £100 each ! Any knowledge would be very welcomed !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom