1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Engine expert needed! Super Grafx and Super CDROM2 query...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by jules0266, Apr 6, 2004.

1. jules0266

jules0266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know how to get a Super Grafx working with the Super CDROM2 unit? I have the CDROM working fine with a Core Grafx II . I'm presuming the SG simply plugs into the CDROM unit but even with 2 power supplies and the video cable running from either the CD or the SG, I can't get any CD games to run. Hucards work OK though. The little lead that connects the CG to the CDROM doesn't fit the SG power socket so I'm stuck now. Do I need a special adaptor, or one of the arcade Hucards? Do I actually need to use two power supply's? Which machine do you output the video image from - the SG or the CDROM? Also, there is a tiny little switch on the back of the SG - does that have anything to do with it? Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get this up and running! Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

2. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    no knowledge myself but there are usually plenty of people on the VGI forums who will be able to help you.

Rich

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    Have you put the Hu-card that comes with the cd rom into your super grafx ??

think it needs to be version 3.0 for the supergrafx.

4. jules0266

jules0266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Super CDROM2 from ebay - it didn't come with a card but I have got the orange "Pro" card. I tried that but it just comes up with a screen saying "push run" and when I do, nothing happens. I thought the point of the Super CDROM2 was that you didn't need any upgrade Hu cards? It works fine with the Core Grafx II without any cards at all.