PC-DVI to TV-Component adapter

G

gnikolaidis

For those of you having a TV panel with no computer VGA or DVI input there is a nice solution offered from ATI series of graphic cards. This would only work with the ATI Radeon 9500 AGP and upwords models. It consists of a small dongle that you conect to the DVI output of your graphics card and it provides component output. The dongle is offered at ATI's website (www.ati.com) for $29, but you can find it on the net for less (e.g www.geeks.com from $19 plus $14 for shipping).

The dongle supports 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i and 4:3 and 16:9 modes, so it is suitable for most screens. I have used it to connect my PC equiped with a SAPHIRE Radeon 9600SE graphics card to my Sony 23'' LCD with component inputs and it works like a charm. A prerequisitive is that you download the latest CATALYST software from ATI's website which allows you to select the output to a second screen, a TV equiped with component inputs. The software also allows you to play around with the resolutions so that you get the best image on your screen.

Attachments

• DVIadapter.jpg
    DVIadapter.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 54
Hi, I bought the adapter for use with my elonex artisan media center and my toshiba 32zp48 but i have not been able to get it working. Its as though the artisan does not recognise it. I thought it may be the dongle first of all so I returned it and got another one to no avail. When i load up the catalyst center there is no option for configuring it . Any ideas ? I would like to get it working and see the difference in output on my tv for component against s-video.

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom