Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PC DVI to PV500 HDMI

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by a_nicholson, Sep 8, 2005.

1. a_nicholson

a_nicholson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their PC (MCE2005) displayed properly on the PV500 using the HDMI connection. I can connect via the PV500's vga connection no problem and there is no overscan.
    However, I have spent most of the day mucking around trying to get the whole of the screen displayed on the PV500 using the HDMI connections. I have been using Powerstrip after reading other posts about this subject, but just cant seem to find the right settings.
    Is this worth it? What is the quality difference between VGA and HDMI connections.

thanks

2. Ch0pper

Ch0pper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've been having a nightmare trying to get this to work too :(

It's always up and left a bit of the bottom right hand corner (if it displays at all!) and powerstrip won't budge it back down as it thinks that's the end of the screen :(

3. hutters

hutters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    IIRC it took me ages to get the picture on my Plasma, mucho tweaking with powerstrip but I got there in the end. It helped because someone else posted their powerstrip settings. You may want to search the forums to see if anyone has done so for your plasma?