• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pc dvd hack

gooner#14

Banned
yeh thanx for the info jim i think ive done it yook the firm ware to vs08? but it wont play a region 3??? any chance you can take a look on the website ^ and run through what i actually do as im not too literate when it comes to pcs!!am on the ltnrpc change screen i can change regions 1-8 but no multiregion??

Jim_Fear

gooner#14 said:
yeh thanx for the info jim i think ive done it yook the firm ware to vs08? but it wont play a region 3??? any chance you can take a look on the website ^ and run through what i actually do as im not too literate when it comes to pcs!!am on the ltnrpc change screen i can change regions 1-8 but no multiregion??

Ok so it says VS08, download the JS0J formware and unzip the file, double clicking on the file should initiate the flash (I dont have this drive so I cant vouch for how it goes about it). Once that has been done load up ltnRPC, select your drive form the list, then click disable (from what it says) and you should be set to go!

Welshboy, here you go

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2005

Again, i'm not sure how to do this on your drive and you do so at your own risk.

Well DVD Region Free works for me from www.dvdidle.com, demo it and see if it works, then buy it, just software, no firmware, unfortunately all the drives I seem to get do not support region free firmware, such as LG 8163B and Pioneer A109XL...I'd never touch a Liteon or NEC, damn cheapo Manufacturers, don't know why people praise NEC..if you want good optical storage you go for an LG,

Jim_Fear

Yeah I picked up a limited edition Pioneer 109XLB1, very smart and quiet drive

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom