PC display via DVI-HDMI on XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Damon, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Damon

Damon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Did anyone ever get this to dislpay correctly?
    I know it should as I have displayed my laptop perfectly via the front VGA socket. Yet I have been unable to get the PC to output via the DVI-HDMI cable without the top and bottom going offscreen and the lettering being broken and barely readable.

In the NView settings there is an option for underscan etc but it doesn't seem to do a lot. I have tried different ratios and different refresh rates but haven't sussed it yet.
    The Plasma and PC screens share the same 1024x768 resolution. and refresh rate but the picture just won't display correctly.

Is it the cable or the panel or something else entirely?

Damon

2. bix

bix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Damon,

The HDMI input on the XDE only accepts video resolutions, ie: 720 lines or 1080 lines.

Whatever input you give will be scaled. The closest result you will get is if you output 720 lines resolution from your laptop using powerstrip, but the image will still be scaled vertically and text will be broken.

Hope this helps.

3. DT79

DT79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    I've got pretty much the same problem. I've got a Pioneer PDP-427XD, and I want to hook my HP laptop to it with an hdmi cable (sent via my Sony home cinema receiver). I set the 2nd monitor resolution to 720*1280 but when this is displayed on the TV the outer edge of picture is off the edge of the screen (both horizontically and vertically). Exactly the same resolution sent by my Sky box or DVD player maps perfectly to the screen as you'd expect. I fiddled with every setting I can find on the windows display settings. Any thoughts anyone?:lease:

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The TV is overscanning the video inputs just like the PC one, you just don't notice. It's done cos video inputs are often tatty round the edges. PS2 picture is made to have a black frame around the picture to avoid off screen action compromising the game play, Sony know everyone builds overscan into their TVs. The new Pioneers now have a PC setting, they have listened to the screaming at last. Prior to this, your only recourse was a professional panel rather than a TV. This is really still the best option for determined PC users.