1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC digital cable connections

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by hendo25, Jan 12, 2002.

1. hendo25

hendo25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just bought the VideoLogic Digitheatre (not DTS)(http://www.videologic.com/Products/...roduct=VL-60382) to watch DVD movies in 5.1 surround sound. I want to connect this to my PC and my soundcard does have a Digital Output.

I have the Santa Cruz Turtle Beach soundcard found in Dell PCs (http://www.voyetra-turtle-beach.com...cifications.asp). Heres my problem - I'm looking for a digital COAX cable to connect my digital output to the Digitheatre receiver. This needs to be 3.5mm at one end for the PC soundcard, and standard COAX at the other. The 3.5mm socket on the soundcard is not optical.

Where can I find a good cable to do this? Also, would a standard phono->3.5mm adapter work?

Thanks to anyone who help me out with this at all.

Hendo

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Yes, all you need is a mono RCA to mini jack converter. Maplins and RS do them for about a £1.

Jeff

3. hendo25

hendo25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jeff - I assume I will be able to get 5.1 surround by doing this....?

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    It works all the way up to DTS 6.1 discrete.

Jeff