PC-Denon AVR- Realtek audio help

Paulx10111

I have the PC's nvidia hdmi plugged into the HDMI game plug on my Denon AVr 2400h, everything runs fine even the windows 10 dolby atmos app, My motherboard Sabretooth has realtek HD Audio, I think its disabled in the bios, but will it be ok to enable it, install the relevant drivers and use it as I want to use audacity to record some of my vinyl, but presently there is no recording device, only playback (Denon-AVR NVIDIA High Definition),(Microsoft Sound Mapper,) or (Digital Audio SPDIF)

next010

Distinguished Member
Should be okay, just check the windows sound settings after driver install and make sure it hasnt switch the default output from Nvidia HDMI to realtek.

Grab the Realtek drivers from their own site.

THX1138UK

I have the PC's nvidia hdmi plugged into the HDMI game plug on my Denon AVr 2400h, everything runs fine even the windows 10 dolby atmos app, My motherboard Sabretooth has realtek HD Audio, I think its disabled in the bios, but will it be ok to enable it, install the relevant drivers and use it as I want to use audacity to record some of my vinyl, but presently there is no recording device, only playback (Denon-AVR NVIDIA High Definition),(Microsoft Sound Mapper,) or (Digital Audio SPDIF)

Yes, it will be fine. If you have any playback issues (wrong output device), go into the traditional Control Panel (search for CONTROL.EXE) and you can choose the Default Playback device in the Sound applet.

For Windows 10, it’s not necessary to download the drivers from Realtek. Windows will install the necessary WHQL certified drivers automatically.

Regards,
James.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom