1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Crashing when disconnecting USB from NW-HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by m488dkw, Oct 19, 2005.

1. m488dkw

m488dkw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Recently purchased a NW-HD5 and everything appears to be working OK except that when I disconnect the unit from the USB cable, the PC automatically re-boots about 50% of the time. When Windows re-starts it says it has "recovered from a serious system error". This has occurred on both SS 3.1 and SS3.2 and after I downloaded the driver from the Sony website and re-installed.

I have searched this forum and can't find anything similar happening to anyone else.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

For info the systems is Win XP SP2 with 1GB ram

2. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Tried clicking the "Safely remove hardware" button in the tooltray before unplugging it.

Also worth making sure that your motherboard drivers are up to date (for USB controllers)

3. m488dkw

m488dkw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks - tried the "safely remove hardware" and this also caused machine to crash.

Have been reading the thread on the iTunes 6 with software conflicts. I'm running a dual monitor setup so maybe this has something to do with it as Sony handbook says not compatible (although don't know why it shouldn't be).

Will check the motherboard drivers though,

4. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have had the same problem with my HD3, It happens intermittently though...

And unfortunately have no fix for it...

I think it's a SS problem :mad: