1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Controlled Relay Board

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by RichardH, Jul 15, 2002.

1. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This looks interesting - quote:
    "The kit allows you to convert the PC into a dedicated automatic controller for turning on/off lights, motors & other devices around the home, office, laboratory or factory. The applications are endless and only limited by your imagination! You simply connect a cable from computer parallel port to the 25 pin male connector on the relay board.

There are eight relays, each of which can be programmed to turn on/off independently. Each relay output is capable of switching 5 amps (seeRelay Spec Sheet) and has an LED to indicate it's status."

£32 in kit form, or £45 built.

Might be a nice addition for those with Girder and a Pronto?
    I came across it because I was looking for a straightforward IR controlled switch (not dimmer) to allow me to do switch on a sub remotely, but this looks a lot of fun. Anyone found anything similar/better/cheaper?

R

2. jar

jar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maplin do a good kit made by Velleman

Their code is VE73Q and it's for a fifteen channel IR receiver at £35.00 (kit only)

I use it with my Pronto for lights / speaker switching etc. and it works a treat.

I had to buy their remote as well to teach the Pronto but I'll get round to uploading the codes to remotecentral one day, so nobody else has to shell out!

Regards

John