Pc, Componets...

Raikaito

Novice Member
Hey, I was wondering what the best processor, motherboard, case, and other components I could buy, I can spend about £500 - £600 maybe a little more... I already have 3 hard drives and I would like room for a few more... I also have a graphics card so I don't need another one... I also have monitors...

Any suggestions would be helpful!

anothadave

Novice Member
what do you use the system for? £600 will easily get you a i7 920 setup if youve already got hardrives and graphics card. most decent cases should accomadate 4 hardrives. ive got a thermaltake aguila. cost £60 and holds 4 in a removable caddy.

although rather than getting a huge case to accomadate dozens of hardrives have you considered just getting a newer bigger hardrive? how big are the ones you have already, i had 3 drives. just picked up a 1tb samsung F1 and its much quicker than the 500gb and 320gb sata ones i had before. cost £60. i transfered over the data from my smallest drive and im going to use it as an external hd. the performance of the newer drive is much better than the old ones.

Raikaito

Novice Member
I use it for everything from gaming to work... I'm a software engineer...

I have 2 1tb hard drives and a 1.5tb hard drive!

So basically I need as powerful PC as possible...

anothadave

Novice Member
well you wont get much more powerful than the i7 then :p quite well documented on here about overclocking the 920. seems like the average is a comfortable overclock up to 3.6ghz. but 4ghz isnt too hard to acheive. should be plenty for your needs.

if you want a big case then Thermaltake make some beasts :p one of the Xaser series maybe.

Xaser VI VG4000Series

depends how many hardrives you might concievably need in the future. another possible option is a 5.25 swappable hardrive bay. i was tempted with one myself. you can hot swap hardrives on the go. they cost about £15. but even most regular cases can manage 4 drives. and you can always get a 5.25 drive adaptor to fit in a couple more.

heres a bargain, i used to have one of these. very good cooling and takes 5 drives. not bad for £42!

Thermaltake Soprano - Silver - Aria Technology

i had a 8800gts graphics card and it was just about the limit. so if youve got a huge graphics card then maybe a full tower case might be more suitable.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom