PC Components to build a system around a Founders RTX 3070ti

kevip6

Finally got an order in for the Founders RTX 3070ti from Scan! Was hoping for the 3080 but more than happy to get one after months of monitoring the Telegram and Discord alerts!

So..... Now to get the build components.

I'm thinking an AMD 5800 , 16GB 3600Mhz RGB Ram at the core but I've not built a PC since the late 90's early 2000's so I'm after advice on the best match components to this GPU if possible please?

Will be a gaming PC to go with 32" G7 so 1440p with high G-synch Refresh rate

should be flashy as it's for a 14 year old so lots of RGB!

Thanks for any pointers

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I'd go Intel i5 12600k over the 5800x, simply better for gaming. Everything else is down to person choice. 16GB ram is adequate enough for gaming. RGB wise corsair software and hardware is easy to use and implements very well between the 2, but isn't the cheapest. The RGB on the 3070ti founders edition can be controlled in Icue as well.

kevip6

I'd go Intel i5 12600k over the 5800x, simply better for gaming. Everything else is down to person choice. 16GB ram is adequate enough for gaming. RGB wise corsair software and hardware is easy to use and implements very well between the 2, but isn't the cheapest. The RGB on the 3070ti founders edition can be controlled in Icue as well.

Thanks for that. What motherboard would you recommend for an Intel system?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that. What motherboard would you recommend for an Intel system?
All depends on the features you need and your budget. I've used gigabyte up until my last build (my LGA1366 is 13 years old now and still running fine).
Something like this should suffice depending on your needs

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom